§1 Glossary of Terms
1. Seller - Transit Center based Pędzewo, 87-134 Zławieś Wielka, POLAND, NIP: 554-123-18-48, Regon: 091432757.
2. Store - a website belonging to the Seller, available under the domain www.transitcenter.ie where
the Buyer may place orders.
3. Buyer - any entity placing an order in the Store ( consumer or person without consumer status ).
4. Consumer - Buyer is a person making the legal transaction ( sale agreement through the Store) not directly related to his trade or profession
(Article 22 (1 ) of the Civil Code ).
5. User - a person who has registered an account by filling the registration form available at www.transitcenter.ie belonging to the store.
6. Account - Store server space , available for the user, where your personal information are stored (including e- mail address and order history.
7. Personal data- collected in the registration form available at www.transitcenter.ie; information required to identify an individual, processed by the the Store for the correct execution of orders and other
operational and marketing purposes.
8. Processing of personal data - gathering and processing data for the store's purposes; personal information in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (unified text: Dz.U. z 2016 r. poz. 922).
9. Regulations - these regulations.
10. Goods - available for sale in the Store, in particular: new and used car parts.
11. Order - Buyer's declaration of intent singing a sell of goods contract at a distance via Store , specifying at least the type and number of goods.
§2 General Provisions
1. Regulations define the rules for the conclusion or performance of a sale of goods contract on the page.
2. In order to place an order in the Store, it is necessary to have devices that provide access to the
Internet, e -mail, and online browser to view web pages .
3. Goods sold are presented by the Store at the time of order.
4. Prices shown next to items are given in Polish Zloty and include VAT (tax). Prices of items in the international offer are shown in Euro or GBP.
5. The offer presented in the the Store is valid only on the Polish and European Union territory, unless something else is specified in the description of the item. In special cases, orders are processed outside the EU on individual terms.
6. Seller has the right to change the price of the Goods, to introduce or withdrawal of goods , the provision of discounts on various goods and cancel promotions in the Store. This does not restricts in any way the rights acquired by the Buyers , for example: changes do not apply to already placed order.
7. It is prohibited for buyers to post in unlawful content (f.ex, in the opinion of the Goods).
8. All "Ford " brand logos are for information purpose only.
9. All content materials and graphic elements placed on this web site are the property of the Transit Center and are protected by copyright.
§3 Quality of Goods
1. New parts sold in the Store are recently manufactured and fully guaranteed by the manufacturers.
2. Used parts sold by the Store are tested, in working condition and suitable for further use. The condition of used parts is included in the pdoruct's description.
3. The photographs of the spare parts are taken by Transit Center. We do our best to present photos of the goods that show is true appearance.
§4 Placing an order
1. Seller allows the Buyer to place an order by:
- completing the interactive form the Store ( online purchase )
- electronic mail (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. In order to submit orders through the Store, the Buyer have to add the selected product to the shopping cart, and follow with further information on the store's web page. Purchasing on-line in the Store requires an establishment of the account.
3. After placing orders buyer receives:
a) for orders placed online - an automatic e-mail confirming the submission of an order - including the details of placed order,
b) for orders placed via email or telephone - confirmation of order receipt and contract for the sale of goods delivered within 1 business day.
4. In the event of incorrect information included in the confirmation message provided by the Store as mentioned in § 4 . 3 , point b ) of the Rules , the Seller asks to contact us by calling or e-mail in order to make necessary corrections.
5. Changes to the order are possible until the product is shipped. In case of changes, Buyer contacts the Seller by phone or e-mail and specifies the desired changes.
§5 Shipping charges
The cost of delivery of the Goods (shipping costs) are covered by Buyer. We deliver goods in the area of Poland and on the territory of other States which are members of the European Union. Delivery is done by courier service, in accordance with the valid price list is an integral part of the Rules (more information in the "Shipping"). Buyers placing order and selecting delivery method accepts shipping charges included in the price list. Orders placed outside the EU border have different delivery costs, agreed individually with the interested parties.
§6 Terms of payment
Seller provides the following methods of payment::
- cash into the hands of the courier company employee (COD) option available only for Consumers in Poland,
- via PayPal operator
- bank transfer
§7 Execution of Contracts
1. The condition of the orders placed by the Buyer through the Store is to provide the interactive form filling the correct personal data and contact information (enabling verification and confirmation of orders ) . Order shall be accepted for execution only if the order form is properly filled. Placing an order requires acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
2. In the case of incorrect or insufficient data in the interactive form Seller will make every effort to contact buyer to confirm acceptance of orders for execution. If the acceptance of orders for execution can not be confirmed within 3 days due to the lack of contact with the Seller, Buyer offer in terms of the ordered product is not binding.
3. During the execution of the order , the Buyer receives an e -mail message when the status of the order is changed.
4. Buyer may check the status of the order at any time.
5. The average processing time of the contract is with the delivery of 3-7 working days . This time may
be extended for further 3-4 working days in case where the goods must be brought from the manufacturer's warehouse. Maximum delivery time is 30 days. If the processing of order has a different execution time, the whole order is sent after completion of all the parts (after the longest of the following. The notification referred to in § 4 . 3 , point b ) of the Rules of the Buyer receives detailed
information about the date of delivery of the Goods.
6. Seller shall deliver the goods by courier .
7. Courier deliveries are between 9.00 to 17.00 .
8. Seller can't determine or warrant the exact time of delivery of the Goods , therefore, in order to
arrange delivery it is required to contact the courier with numbers of letters transport that have been placed in the information referred to in § 7 . 3 of the Rules ( the change of status of the order) .
9. In a situation where the courier would miss the Buyer, he leaves the “delivery note” to indicate when he tried to deliver the goods.
10. On the first day after the attempt of delivery, goods are to be received by the Buyer at a local courier branch, where the Buyer can pick Goods in person - the address of the branch courier and all the details of the shipping can be found on the print notification .
11. If the product is not picked up from the branch courier , on the second day after “delivery note” , the courier shall retry delivery.
12. The sales document is a receipt or at the Buyer's request a VAT invoice, which the Buyer receives electronically after 12 hours from the time of sending the order to the email address he provided when creating an account in the store.
13. Seller states that some goods may not be available for shipment abroad , in such case this information will be stated in the description of goods.
14. In the event of failure to collect the payment by the Buyer on delivery, the Seller may
call the Buyer to comply with the contract of sale with circumscribe and limit the threat that if ineffective its expiry withdraws from the contract of sale. After the deadline , and the lack of response from the Buyer Seller may submit a statement of withdrawal from the contract of sale. In this case the sales contract shall be deemed void and the seller may claim compensation from the titles of fault by the Buyer.
§8 Verification of the package by the Buyer
It is recommended to examine the shipment by the Buyer on the when delivery takes place. In the case of damage to the package, seller recommends the preparation of the damage in the presence of the courier and promptly inform the Customer Service Department of the Seller. In case of difficulty
examination of the goods or refuse to write an damage protocol by courier, Seller recommends writing down courier employee's personal data (name, surname and phone number) and immediately transfer this information to the Customer Service Department of the Seller.
§9 Termination of the contract (the "return" of the Goods)
1. Buyers with the status of consumer can withdraw from the contract of sale of goods purchased for no reason, making a statement in writing within 14 days after from the date of delivery of the goods ( from the date of receipt of the goods by the consumer). To comply with the deadline , it is enough to send a statement before its expiry. Buyers may use the model declaration
stated in the Store.
2. The right of withdrawal is not granted to the consumer in cases:
- of the characteristics specified by the consumer in his order or closely associated with his person,
- due to their nature can not be returned or whose subject is perishable.
3. In case of withdrawal, the consumer is obligated to return the Goods in the unaltered unless change was necessary in the ordinary course of business.
4. The consumer is obligated to return the goods immediately, not later than 14 days from the date of
5. A consumer who withdrew from the agreement sends goods to the Seller at its own expense, the cost is not refundable.
6. The price paid for the goods and shipping costs incurred by the consumer when purchasing goods will be returned to the Seller within 14 days from the date of withdrawal.
7. Buyers who do not have the status of consumer does not have permission to withdraw from the contract , which referred to in § 9 . 1 of the Regulations . Buyers face of such rules and terms of withdrawal shall be governed by provisions of the Civil Code.
1. Seller is liable to the Purchaser being a consumer for non-compliance of the goods in contract of sale within the range specified by the Act of 27 July 2002 on special conditions of consumer sale and amending the Civil Code (Journal of Laws No. 141, item. 1176, as amended.).
2. Complaints for non-compliance of the goods with the contract of sale may be submitted in writing to the address Transit Center (Complaint Department and Intervention) or via e-mail at the following address: email@example.com
2.1. Consumer complaints should be filed within two months from detection disadvantages of decreasing the value or usefulness of the Goods to the purpose of the agreement marked .
2.2. In the case of entrepreneurs forfeitures under the warranty occurs if the buyer did not examine the goods at the time delivery and in the manner adopted by the things of this kind, and did not notify the seller immediately about the perceived defect , in the case of the defect came to light only later - if not notified seller immediately upon discovery.
3. When submitting a claim for non-compliance of the goods with the contract seller recommends providing data: buyer contact , accurate to description of the causes of complaints and claims against seller, and attaching a sales document or a photocopy . We recommend that the Buyer fill out the complaint form
4. Seller is liable to the purchaser a non-consumer under the provisions of the Code Civil in terms of the warranty .
5. The complaint filed by the buyer of a non-consumer, without the attached document sales will not be considered .
6. Seller recognizes complaints within 14 days of its submission or delivery of the goods , if it will be necessary to examine the complaint.
7. After filing the claim buyer is obligated, at the request of the seller, if the consideration complaint requires it, to provide the advertised product at your expense to the address indicated by the seller. The cost of delivery of the goods advertised is returned to the buyer after the positive outcome of the complaint . Buyers can alternatively take advantage of the opportunity to submit merchandise advertised via a courier sent by the seller . In this case please contact the Complaints Department and Intervention department of the seller. In the case the buyer will take the opportunity to send the advertised goods by courier used by the seller and the the complaint will be considered negative , transportation will be covered by the buyer.
8. For the transport service provided to the buyer, seller issues a VAT invoice.
1. In the case where goods covered by the warranty rights in the respect should be made in accordance with the terms set forth in the briefing document warranty.
2. Consumer powers resulting from the notified claim in respect of non-conformity or privileges for non- consumer buyer in respect of a notified claim under the warranty for defects does not exclude, limit or suspend the buyer's rights under the guarantee given by the guarantor - the rules stipulated in the guarantee document.
§12 Protection of personal data and privacy
1. The user may consent to the processing of personal data by the seller in accordance with the terms of by checking the appropriate box on the registration or order form. Consent to the processing of personal data is voluntary.
2. Users' personal data are processed by the seller, the use of space server provided by an external hosting company .
3. The seller is Administrator of Personal Data , which makes the processing of personal data users in accordance with the law , including in particular the provisions of the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data ( unified text . Laws of 2002, No. 101, item . 926, as amended . ) And the Act of 18 July 2002 on electronic services ( Journal of Laws No. 144, item . 1204, as amended . ) .
4. Regardless of consent to the processing of personal data by the client administrator processes personal data to the extent necessary to create and shape the content of the agreement , changes ,
solutions and proper implementation of the procurement made electronically supplied services,
the settlement of accounts with the Buyer, as well as to marketing their services .
5. The administrator has the right to make the execution of orders in the Store for customers to confirm the compatibility of the Personal Data by sending the appropriate documents ,for example, a photocopy of an identity document . Submission of a photocopy of the document is voluntary. If a photocopy of the document will not be sent or raise a reasonable doubt ,administrator may refuse to sell items available in the Store or delete the User's Account .
6. The Buyer have the right of access to personal data processed at any time , as well as the right to correct them , and the right to object in cases covered by laws, as well as demand their removal .
7. The user is required to update the personal information provided in the registration form immediately after each change of the personal data.
8. In case of any doubts as to its compatibility with the truth or news given by user accounts in the registration form ( also as a result of the application filed by another user) administrator ( not withstanding the rules above ) obtains permission to take following:
8.1. user calls to immediately remove incorrect personal data or update personal data ;
8.2. block the availability of procurement for the user in the Store ;
8.3. block the account pending investigation ;
8.4. irreversible removal of accounts.
9. The Administrator is entitled to share the personal data only to entities authorized under the relevant provisions of the law. Administrator does not provide against the law of personal data to other parties , in particular persons with no legal rights.
10. In the case of personal data processed by the administrator for purposes other than necessary to provide the services, the Buyer may notify service provider's request to cease processing of their personal data.
§13 Final Provisions
1. In matters not covered by the Regulations, the provisions of applicable law, including in particular the provisions of the Civil Code, the Law of 2 March 2000 on the protection of consumer rights and liability for damage caused by dangerous products and the Act of 27 July 2002 on special conditions of consumer sale and amendments to Civil Code.
2. Regulations do not turn off and does not limit any rights which the consumer buyer are granted by mandatory provisions of law. In case of conflict between the provisions of the Regulations and the mandatory provisions of law, granting consumer rights, priority is given to those provisions.
3. Regulations are available for all Buyers in the electronic version of the Store web site the „Terms and Conditions”
4. Seller reserves the right to change the Rules. Changing the Rules shall take effect within the time specified by the Seller, not less than 7 days since the release of revised rules and regulations on the store's website. Orders placed by customers prior to entering into force of amendments to the regulations are implemented according to existing rules and regulations. About the change of rules, members will be informed of their e-mail addresses.
5. The sale of goods contract provided by the Store is subject under polish law. User making orders and accepting the Terms of consents to the choice of polish law as applicable to the contract of sale through the Store.
6. These rules are available in Polish and English versions. In case of any doubt, Polish version holds a decisive importance.
REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL